Sunday, October 9, 2011

Bring it, Birthday



I can't even pretend to be profound today. My brain is full of sugar and happiness and there is an enormous crown on my head. My birthday was this weekend, and I want to remember a few details.




We went to the pumpkin patch/corn maze with grandma and grandpa. We snuggled under blankets and watched a Disney movie that made me cry (of course). I did not pick up my homework or any dirty socks (both of which await my inevitable return to reality).

Sister made me breakfast in bed: sugar smacks, four marshmallows, an apple muffin, and a half-eaten cherry yogurt. Delish. I was drinking my coffee in bed downstairs when I heard the party starting to make its way down the steep wood stairs to the basement where we grown-ups moved a few years ago when we found ourselves outnumbered by babies. "H-a-p-p-y B-i-r-t-h-d-a-y t-o *crash* *spoon hitting each stair* I'm okay, I'm okay! I'm glad I remembered not to use anything glass!" The birthday parade arranged itself on my bed and ate my breakfast for me locust-style. Then Sis sneezed. I found the sticky, slimy bits of chewed marshmallow on the comforter later.




And she made me this great crown. And everyone over the age of three got to take turns with the camera. I am chubbier than last year. And a have a few more wrinkles. But I think I am a better mom and a more fearless woman. So bring it, Birthday. I'll take what your handing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment